|Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
|Relashio > Start Here! > Quick Start Guide|
|Posted by: Emily Jan 25 2014, 06:29 PM|
First Year Guide!
- - Guide to getting started on Relashio! - -
Greetings! Welcome to Relashio! We are so happy to have you here! This is the complete guide to getting started in Relashio, right from registering your character to getting into a thread with another roleplayer!
Relashio acknowledges and allows members to included Cursed Child in its lore, and any canon threads following the lore may contain spoilers!
Relashio is Jcink Premium and has a 3-3-3 content rating. Which means, we are 18+. No members will be accepted under the age of 18 due to our mature content rating, no exceptions.
Step 1: Read the Rules and register with an OOC account
This step is easy: http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=23 After reading it's time to http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00 your OOC account.
Step 2: Finding a name and registering your character
2.A: Decide on an era (a time for you character to be based in) - the choices are:
- Marauder's Era: 1977, Spring at Hogwarts. Originals & Canon! (Set at the time when Sirius Black; James Potter; Remus Lupin and Peter Petigrew were at Hogwarts as students.)
- Potter Trio Era: Setting: 1996, Fall at Hogwarts. Originals & Canon! (Set at the time when Harry, Ron and Hermione were in Hogwarts as student, 6th year.)
- Next Generation Era: 2022, Fall at Hogwarts. Originals & Canon! (Set at the time when the children of Harry, Ron, Hermione and others are attending school. This is our most popular era)
Note: Marauder’s, Potter Trio and Next Generation era's are character driven plots. Canon and Alternate universe plots are allowed. No plot is available for them.
- Post Oppression Era: 2037, Fall at Hogwarts. Canon & Originals Only! (This is new and set sixteen years after the Next Gen era) You can find the plot http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=80.
- Multi-era: If your character spans over more than one era this is also an option for you to choose. No characters under 18 in this category though. You can play them in their younger years but their app must include their adult age.
2.B: Character Creation-Original or Canon?
Even if you decide to make an original take a look at the http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=483 and have a scroll through it. You will find a list of the canon's that are already taken here on Relashio. If it isn't listed, it is available. Now that you have gotten an idea of what's already on the board, start thinking about your original character name. Also, if you are worried about not getting a plot right off the bat, the http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=45 have built in friends/plots, and are great for a new member to jump in from!
Register with your character name as your username - http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00and let us know when you are ready via PM, or via the cbox!
Step 3: Yay! You've been accepted!
Once an admin has accepted your account it means you can start on you Application
3A: The Application, filling it in and posting it correctly
Our Application can be found http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=8
- Copy the code for your application!
- Click the New Topic button & paste the code
- Title the topic with character name: 'Last Name, First Middle'
- Description: “era(s)|age|usergroup”
- add the proper era and usergroup tag for your character (see application thread for instructions)
- Post, and inform an admin via the cbox or via PM that your application is finished. (please allow up to 72 hours for acceptance, shouldn't take this long but just in case)
- You can post a Work In Progress (WIP) just place WIP in the topic title before your character name
- Help choosing a patronus, wand and even a broom can be found http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=42.
Step 4: Being accepted and completing your claims
- Once your character is accepted by an admin it will be moved into the http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=17 automatically so don't worry if your Application seems to disappear from the Apply section. It's a good thing! It now means that you are just one step away from starting to roleplay.
- Once accepted you need to fill in your claims , you can find the Claims forum http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=40
In the Pinned topics you will find http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=209 - this topic is our face claims and who's who, that you need to fill out, the other claims are optional such as if you want your character to be a Prefect or part of the Quidditch team click on the era your character is in and follow the same procedure. You will see that each era has its own set of claims. Make sure you are using the correct era. http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=211 are for all era’s. There are some bonus claims for Animagus forms and Vampires and Werewolves.
Step 5: Posting your first roleplay piece
-Asking in the Cbox if anyone has a plot they want to play with you
-Posting in other people's http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=44 or making up a http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=43. Plotters are OPTIONAL!
-Posting a plot others can join you in or in the http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=45.
- Start an open topic for others to respond to!
(Note: you need to make an effort to get plots, just making a character and sitting on it won't get you threads going. Make the effort by chatting with other members and coming up with ideas together)
Congratulations! You have completed your first steps in Relashio's Roleplay! Have fun! If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask! You can use the cbox, PM or our http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=7 section.
http://xrelashio.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=246 - away board